Healthy Families America
The Ohio Healthy Families America program at The Center for Family Safety and Healing provides home visitation to first-time, low-income mothers from pregnancy until the child's third birthday. The program is designed to ensure children are healthy, safe and ready to learn.
This program focuses on the following goals:
- Increase healthy pregnancies
- Improve child health, development and readiness
- Improve parenting confidence and competence
- Increase family connectedness to community and social support
To learn more or to make a referral, contact the Healthy Families America program manager at (614) 722-8224, or view our downloadable brochure for families. You may also contact the program manager by text messaging at (614) 935-9439.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Help Me Grow Home Visiting?
Help Me Grow Home Visiting is a program for first-time mothers. If you enroll, a specially trained home visitor will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your child is 3 years old.
- How often will my home visitor visit?
Your home visitor will visit every week or two, during your pregnancy and continue with visits until your baby is 3 years old. You and your home visitor will decide the exact schedule.
- How much does the program cost?
Help Me Grow Home Visiting is no cost to eligible women and families.
- Who can enroll in the program?
The following people can enroll in the Help Me Grow Home Visiting Program:
- First-time pregnant women (must meet Help Me Grow income requirements or currently receive Medicaid or WIC)
- A first-time parent with a child less than 6 months of age (must meet Help Me Grow income requirements or currently receive Medicaid or WIC)
- Any family with a child under age 3 that is involved with child protective services in a substantiated case
- Can my baby's father participate?
Help Me Grow Home Visiting encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support you.
You and your home visitor decide who gets involved.