We offer counseling and related supportive and advocacy services for adult victims of domestic violence. Victims of domestic violence may experience many emotions, such as depression, anxiety, shame, hopelessness and fear. Counselors can assist these individuals develop strategies to manage their thoughts and feelings and develop a plan for a safer, happier and more hopeful life. Specific services include the following:
Office Based Counseling
- Evidenced-based, trauma informed domestic violence counseling is provided by licensed counselors in a confidential and secure setting.
- Specific intervention strategies include: Seeking Safety, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR), and additional cognitive behavioral interventions for individuals who have experienced domestic violence.
- Daytime and evening hours are available.
- Fees for services are based on ability to pay.
- Trained domestic violence and legal advocates assist individuals in navigating the legal system, accessing needed community supports, finding shelter care and assuring ongoing safety planning. For safety planning tips, view our printable PDF.
- Advocacy services may be provided in the home or a community setting and are available on a very flexible schedule.
- Advocates collaborate with law enforcement and the court system regarding domestic violence related issues.
Providers work as an integrated team and provide services with safety and confidentiality as the highest priority. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact (614) 722-8293.